Martha Brown was born in 1816 at Wadshelf, Derbyshire.
Martha Brown was the daughter of Benjamine Brown.
Martha Brown married John Dearnley, son of Joseph Dearnley and Hannah Whitely, on 15 May 1838 at The Parish Church, Sheffield, Yorkshire.
Martha Brown died on 27 August 1864 at Rotherham, Yorkshire, at age 48 years.
Martha Brown was buried on 30 August 1864 at St. Thomas' Churchyard, Kilnhurst, Kimberworth, Yorkshire.
Children of Martha Brown and John Dearnley
- Emma Dearnley b. Jul 1839
- Lucy Ann Dearnley b. abt Nov 1841, d. abt Feb 1861
- Joseph Dearnley+ b. Dec 1843, d. abt Nov 1889
- Hannah Dearnley b. abt May 1847
- Frank Dearnley+ b. abt Feb 1850, d. 29 Jan 1937
- Martha Jane Brown Dearnley+ b. abt Aug 1853, d. 29 Dec 1886
- John Henry Dearnely b. Jun 1858, d. abt 1860
Benjamine Brown was born about 1788.
Child of Benjamine Brown
- Martha Brown+ b. 1816, d. 27 Aug 1864
Emma Dearnley was born in July 1839 at Silkstone, Yorkshire.
Emma Dearnley was the daughter of John Dearnley and Martha Brown.
Emma Dearnley was baptised on 18 August 1839 at Cawthorne, Yorkshire,
Lucy Ann Dearnley
Lucy Ann Dearnley was born about November 1841 at Penistone, Yorkshire.
Lucy Ann Dearnley was the daughter of John Dearnley and Martha Brown.
Lucy Ann Dearnley died about February 1861 at Rotherham R.D., Yorkshire.
Joseph Dearnley was born in December 1843 at Bradfield, Wortley, Yorkshire.
Joseph Dearnley was the son of John Dearnley and Martha Brown.
Joseph Dearnley was baptised on 7 January 1844 at Bolsterstone, Bradfield, Yorkshire.
in 1867 Joseph Dearnley lived at Scarborough, Yorkshire.
Joseph Dearnley married Rachel Young, daughter of Thomas Young, on 2 December 1867 at Parish Church, Scarborough, Yorkshire,
Joseph Dearnley 23 Bachelor, Mason res: Scarborough fa: John Dearnley, Builder
Rachel Young 22 Spinster, --- res: Scarborough fa: Thomas Young (Deceased), Farmer
Joseph signed and Rachel made her mark
Witnesses: William Bowman & Isabella Young.
Joseph Dearnley married Elizabeth Champley, daughter of George Champley, on 22 November 1870 at Holy Trinity, Goodramgate, York, Yorkshire,
Lyn Owers has this as Elizabeth Hobson, as does Eric Dearnley.
Ann Wheeler (GR) has this as Elizabeth Champley
"Barry's Granny - Ada Dearnley - talked often to Barry about her grandmother Elizabeth Champley - so I'm sure we're right" - Ann Wheeler.
in 1882 Joseph Dearnley lived at 4 Eldon Street, York, Yorkshire.
Joseph Dearnley died about November 1889 at York, Yorkshire,
Children of Joseph Dearnley and Elizabeth Champley
- Frank Dearnley+ b. 1 Aug 1873, d. abt Feb 1949
- Phoebe Dearnley+ b. 10 Mar 1875
- Fred Dearnley+ b. abt May 1877, d. 1 Jul 1938
- Margaret Dearnley b. abt May 1879, d. abt May 1898
- Edith Dearnley b. Feb 1881
- Alice Dearnley+ b. May 1881
- John William Dearnley+ b. 15 Aug 1882, d. abt Feb 1956
- Clara Dearnley b. abt May 1884, d. abt May 1885
- Emma Dearnley+ b. 17 Nov 1891, d. abt Feb 1954
Hannah Dearnley was born about May 1847 at Wortley, Yorkshire.
Hannah Dearnley was the daughter of John Dearnley and Martha Brown.
Hannah Dearnley was baptised on 23 May 1847 at Wortley By Penistone, Yorkshire.
Frank Dearnley was born about February 1850 at Wortley, Yorkshire,
Frank Dearnley was the son of John Dearnley and Martha Brown.
Frank Dearnley married Elizabeth Marshall, daughter of Mary Ann (?), about February 1875 at Sheffield, Yorkshire.
Frank Dearnley died on 29 January 1937 at 67 Victoria Street, Kilnhurst, Rotherham R.D., Yorkshire,
his estate was probated on 14 April 1937 at Wakefield
Probate to Enoch Bentham retired licensed victualler.
Effects £5397 10s. 3d.
England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1966.
Children of Frank Dearnley and Elizabeth Marshall
- John Joseph Dearnley+ b. abt Aug 1875, d. abt Nov 1925
- Lucy Emma Dearnley+ b. Aug 1876, d. abt May 1967
- Frank Dearnley b. abt Oct 1877, d. abt May 1878
- Frank Dearnley+ b. abt May 1879
- Hannah Dearnley b. Dec 1880
- Elizabeth Dearnley b. abt Feb 1883
- George Thomas Dearnley b. 2 Jul 1884, d. Sep 1884
- Ruth Dearnley b. abt Feb 1886, d. abt Aug 1887
- Arthur Brown Dearnley b. abt Feb 1889
Martha Jane Brown Dearnley
Martha Jane Brown Dearnley was born about August 1853 at 7 Finkle Street, Wortley, Yorkshire,
Martha Jane Brown Dearnley was the daughter of John Dearnley and Martha Brown.
Martha Jane Brown Dearnley was baptised on 28 August 1853 at Wortley, Yorkshire.
Martha Jane Brown Dearnley married Thomas Spittlehouse, son of Thomas Spittlehouse and Mary Beeley, on 8 March 1874 at Cathedral Church of St Peter & St Paul, Sheffield, Yorkshire,
Thomas Spittlehouse 24 Bachelor, Blacksmith res: Norfolk Street fa: Thomas Spittlehouse, Farmer
Martha Jane Brown Dearnley 22 Spinster, --- res: Norfolk Street fa: John Dearnley, Builder
Witnesses: James ??? Fletcher & Harriet Fletcher.
Martha Jane Brown Dearnley died on 29 December 1886 at 7 Broad Street, Rawmarsh, Rotherham, Yorkshire,
source: Eric Dearnley.
Martha Jane Brown Dearnley was buried on 2 January 1887 at St. Thomas' Churchyard, Kilnhurst, Rotherham, Yorkshire.